View Single Post
Old 26 Mar 2008, 17:57 (Ref:2162242)   #28
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gttouring
why not simply certify them for the IRL...according to what they have now.
the DP01 was oval certified- at least the tub. and the down force package can be tweaked, but variety is the spice of life-
put them in they can fit NA enfgine and they have the air scoop covers if needed ,from the Superleague formula which is a modified DP01...i beleive...
but heck the turbos will fit the dallara so use those first...
Reliable sources havetold me that many facets of the DP01 would have to be re-engineered to make them oval ready, including the droop-wing front nose, airbox and engine compartment redesign to accommodate the Honda N/A engines, different suspension geometry and hardware to handle the loading through high-banked turns, etc.

The costs would be very expensive, and after Panoz just received a paltry $1.5 million from CCWS for the unfulfilled orders, I highly doubt that they will go abck and spend even more $$$ to make the car IRL capable.

One American Open Wheel Series!