View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2007, 18:27 (Ref:1992169)   #10
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
No suitable tracks in Denmark I fear. I think all Dansih tracks are short touring car circuits.
I wouldn't be oppossed to giving the UK a 2nd round, though. It's the homeland of a good number of teams and historically Great Britain had quite often hosted two SWC rounds at Silverstone and Brands Hatch. Noise days at Brands might be an insurmountable problem nowadays.
Or maybe a race in France? Of course, they have the Big One, but there's also a good number of French teams, so maybe a race at Dijon would make sense.

I am fine with Monza, though, as it has a lot of history and is a nice test for Le Mans. Same applies theoretically for Nürburgring, but I am not a fan of the current track.

Radical Idea: bring back the Le Mans revanche at the Norisring as an LMP-only sprint (200 Miles) race on DTM-saturday. Stands would be full there and maybe Audi would come out to play as it is their home track.