View Single Post
Old 16 Nov 2011, 14:47 (Ref:2987253)   #408
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyselegend View Post
I disagree. You'd be right if the Ferrari had been entering turn one on a racing lap, but he wasn't.

He was exiting the pits, and by doing so his job was to watch his mirror to check what was comming on the racing line before rejoining it. In my book it's up to the one exiting the pits to ensure that he can rejoin the racing line safely. But he didn't care, despite the R18 comming at 290km/h with flashing lights, and he cut across the way in front of the Audi, which was subsequently forced to a last moment turn-in correction, resulting in him losing a place and making contact with the GT.

I agree prototype drivers (Audi's especially) have been responsible of lots of contacts with GTs this year, so I won't cry for them, but it's not a reason to justify everything GT drivers do.
Depends on whether a blue light was flashing when leaving the pit strait. It is was a green, he could have it his way.