View Single Post
Old 2 Nov 2022, 12:28 (Ref:4132419)   #375
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Syed - and indeed pretty much everyone else including me - does not dispute that Verstappen was a worthy WDC in 2021. The point Syed makes is that, deserving or not, Verstappen would NOT have been WDC had the last few laps of the 2021 been properly handled. It is a slight of language to take that latter point and spin it to accuse people of saying Verstappen isn’t a worthy 2021 champion. Those are two separate points.

I agree with every word Syed writes about Horner. To pick up on the post above from Skam85 - I don’t have a problem with Red Bull, whose contribution to F1 and action sports has been awesome; I admire Adrian Newey, the greatest car designer of his generation; I admire Verstappen as a generational driving talent, even if his entitlement and driving make him hard to like; I think Marko is unpleasant, but no more so than many others in F1 or indeed in life.

The person I have a strong dislike of is Christian Horner. He is just plain nasty. Gaslighting the rest of the paddock over the cost cap, defending the indefensible in some of Verstappen’s driving, throwing a “rogue” marshall under the bus to cover up a mistake, calling down the social media hounds of hell onto Hamilton, rank hypocrisy in how differently he describes driving by his team and others. The guy is a total ******* with no redeeming features.

Yep.