View Single Post
Old 30 May 2023, 15:44 (Ref:4158869)   #81
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
If inters were no quicker (but by inference, no slower) I would still have thought inters would be the preferred option as they would be more consistent to drive on and there would be less chance of binning it.
I assume their thinking was the rain wouldn't last and once a dry line formed they would remain on slicks vs having to come in to switch form inter to slick. But in the end the rain increased and the gamble on running slicks didn't work. And intermediates was the correct choice.

All of this stuff is hindsight at this point. During the race, given Max was supposed to have run the medium way beyond recommended lap count I was saying they should have pitted with the expectation that Alonso would cover him. I was concerned they were going to run the mediums too long and then Max would suffer a puncture or a tire would go down due to wear. But I assume they were monitoring wear and felt it was worth the risk. I think that if there had not been any rain expected Max would have pitted earlier.

Richard