View Single Post
Old 29 Nov 2019, 18:38 (Ref:3943725)   #161
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Evening - a few observations.

My personal view is that the one-off races in 2009/10 - whilst called a 'series' really weren't - I also regularly referred to JLOC as a long-standing stalwart of racing in Japan, and to their Le Mans appearances.

Ref the TV production - entirely and utterly out of our hands - long, long story, not mine to tell - but suffice it to say that there will be a MASSIVE step up in January for The Bend.

I agree, and so do the entire Asian LMS TV crew, that the standard was not nearly up to scratch in Shanghai - and you are right about the white balance on the long shot down the back straight - not good enough.

On the pit reporting - it may help you to understand that during the entire race the pit reporter could not hear anything from the production studio - communication was managed entirely by hand signals off air. In the circumstances Nadia and her crew did an amazing job - not at all surprising she looked a little on-edge at a moment or two.

One final thing - I much, MUCH prefer "Graham" to "Goodwin" - maybe it's the memories of school discipline that have me still finding the use of my surname in isolation as a bit jarring!
Appreciate the answer!

It is true that the the events held at the turn of the decade were more of... isolated anomalies than series as per say, but especially since they intended those races to form a series, I personally do not want to discount them out. The first race was planned for 2008 already remember. It didn't really work out as planned of course, but I don't think many things worked for the Asian market for a long time after that anyway. Also more importantly, JLOC would probably never had the chance to even be at Le Mans for their final 2010 outing, had it not been for the auto invite they earned from Okayama 2009. Thus, even their history at Sarthe is partly linked to ASLMS.

I was wondering if the white balance was just issue regarding the stream feed itself, or the entire broadcast and what you coulf see... But yes I'm sure the TV will get worked out for the next one.

For a positive comment regarding the pits work, I would say that it was nice they didn't really have to repeat the questions and everyone heard what the other person said, despite the noise levels from trackside.

Alright Graham!