View Single Post
Old 24 Sep 2020, 21:31 (Ref:4006090)   #440
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I think Super GT should drop the class 1 rules after 2021. It's not a good option for the top class to attract new manufacturers or for the series to expand their reach. I wonder if hypercar or GT3+ will start to look like a better alternative? Class 1 isn't going anywhere.
well hypercar hasn't even a proper technical ruleset actually and don't think GT500 will follow that way, also because doing so, there will be also a remarkable cost increase compared to actual specs that have a lot of common parts.
2022 GT3+ specs would require to get back to stock road chassis, cars will be heavily limited aero and chassis wise.... it would be really hard to get a good weight distribution with the gt-r stock chassis and stock supra chassis doen't fit good for a high performances racing car at all IMHO.

Anyway me too would like to see gt500 dropping dtm/class1 specs and come back to something close to insanely good looking pre 2014 specs.