View Single Post
Old 27 May 2013, 04:11 (Ref:3253799)   #59
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
the haters could bring up that a much cheaper TLX with less power, less tyre and a lot less development miles on it.. is only a second and a half slower than a ST if they wanted too not that i'm hating or a hater

OK Promax,
V8ST have sold 22 complete Car Kits, that includes every nut and bolt, including the rivets. The complete chassis is epoxy primed and every joint sealed, painted in your colour of choice for $205K plus gst.

Not one of those 22 owners can put their hand on the bible and tell you that they have paid V8ST more than that amount, in fact many early adopters paid less than this amount, because the engine originally didnt have the new Dailey Dry system, etc. You can even delete the chassis painting, and save another $6,500 if you want to get it done yourself. You assemble all the bits and paint the outside panels and that cost what ever you are happy to pay if you chose not to do it your self.

So that's the facts, not rumour, on the cost of a V8ST car.

You are obviously very well connected in TLX 'land', so please tell us all what what it cost for all the parts you need to build a TLX spec Ford FG Falcon, a Toyota Camry, and finally the bargain basement Holden VE Commodore.

I am well aware of the fact that Toyota NZ heavily subsidised the engines, which would normally be US$75K each, I am also aware of what it cost Andrew McKensie for his Ford engine, ECU, calibration and engine loom.

Now to the subject you raised about value based respective Lap times. In Saturday mornings only dry practise, Scott Mclaughlan ran on second hand rubber, and did a 1.4.25.

The fastest TLX time over all the weekend with great weather each day was Jason Bargwanna's qualifying time of 1.6.37. I very much doubt the Bargs was on an old set of rubber, so given the rest of the V8ST's weekend weather was **** the very closest Bargwanna's TLX Commodore, got to Mclaughlan's V8ST Commodore was 2.1 seconds.