View Single Post
Old 23 Mar 2023, 10:15 (Ref:4148898)   #108
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
They were....
I think we're putting the same point across.
My hypothetical was in response to a post suggesting that Hamilton didn't receive a 'penalty' at Silverstone 21, and was intended to highlight the issue with applying a penalty based on performance.

I think that the penalty should be consistent based on offence, not outcome.
In the hypothetical both drivers should receive the same penalty (IMO), either during or after the race.

The post I was responding to implies that Hamilton should have received a non-consistent penalty based on his ability to overcome the penalty received.