View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 2022, 11:16 (Ref:4133344)   #30
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Please, no. This isn't IMSA. Closing the pits during FCY would remove one of the few performance/strategy variables left in the age of BoP and super reliability.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...nge-next-year/
Ant just said he's a fan of this on the commentary. Not entirely sure Haven was supposed to confirm it on air but okay.

I'm struggling to see the rationale for the change after all these years? One thing I haven't loved is FCY's been extended longer than needed to ensure all cars get a chance to pit. That kind of removed the tactical edge anyway as it let slower teams react. So in theory it should lead to quicker FCYs/more green time. That's the only thing I can think of.

But a knock-on will be there needs to be some sort of emergency service provision now like in IMSA. So some teams will get nailed due to that.

As long as they don't mess around with Le Mans too much I don't mind I guess.