View Single Post
Old 5 Apr 2020, 13:10 (Ref:3968771)   #359
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It is interesting. It's a sister chassis to my GRP 1 car but I'm not sure they ran the Vitesse rear spoiler in 1980. Not sure the front air dam was available in 1980 either, so it has undergone a few "tweaks". I believe there were actually two Grp 2 chassis built by DPR. The other one was a regular club racer back in the early noughties, but I haven't seen it for some years.
Answering the question about the rear spoilers and front air dam after a few years(!), as you say there were two Gp2 cars, the white Unipart car built for the 1980 TT, (then later raced in Modsaloons and Thundersaloons through the 80's) and the green South African car.

The TT car didn't start off life with a rear spoiler, but the South African car seems to have a rear spoiler by '81, then, as you say underwent a few 'tweaks' in the front air dam department- These pics of it's annual outing in the Kyalami WEC sportscar race from 1982-4 give an idea (ignore the stray '82 TT PMS car, that just got picked up by the way I found the pics)

https://www.racingsportscars.com/typ...over/3500.html