View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2004, 14:02 (Ref:1039016)   #13
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Try Hard
One thing i noticed about it was the position of the airbox intake, inside the "passanger" headrest. I remember some discusiion about this on here earlier in the year (following Lola showing its lmp with a similar design), and thought that it wasn't actually legal to do that?
Maybe its different for the Converted LMP's and a scratch built one. Mike, any ideas on this?

As I understand from your description mike, looking from above, the bodywork is allowed inwards of a maximum of 150mm, so you would technically be allowed some very narrow slots for exausting air out the side?

I will admit it does look good, the double roll hoops don't look anywhere near as bad as I though they would. It deffiently strikes me as having a bit of C65 and Dome in it though. IT's quite low between the wheelarches too, although maybe thats emphasized by the raised floor.

Regards
Ed

I'm a bit puzzled by the location of the engine intake as well. I thought we had come to reasonably conclusion as to why it wasn't legal to put them in the secondary passenger headrest. But I've gone through the rules this morning and can't seem to relocate the justifucation...

Yes, you could manage air out the side of the car from the front diffuser via narrow slits. You could create a shadow board and you are free to do whatever you want behind that as long as it exits out an opening that is only 150 mm wide.

I'm still not thrilled about the double roll over hoop protection as I think the cars really look awkward. That in an of itself would be enough for me to move towards an closed top car. Though I'm still unsure if there would be any advantage to a closed top car aero. wise as you have the disadvantage of creating a large lifting surface (roof).