View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 2023, 17:30 (Ref:4180891)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I don't have too much of a problem with 5 seconds at the next pitstop, except that teams can vary the strategy to minimise the impact. Penalties shouldn't be subject to strategy.

A bigger problem is when all the pitstops are done and the 5 seconds is added to the race time so what you see isn't what you get.

I agree, penalties shouldn't be subject to strategy. Therefore if the penalty has impinged on the teams strategy, or significantly disadvantaged the team, then I think it has done its job. That's why I like the idea of tacking another 5 seconds onto a scheduled tyre stop.