View Single Post
Old 8 Jun 2023, 12:46 (Ref:4160699)   #77
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau2 View Post
That's a really strange way of claiming Ferrari were dominant from 1997 onwards.

Just because they won a few races in 1997 which contributed to how dominant they became in the next 300 or 400 or so does not mean their period of dominance started in 1997. You might as well say Mercedes dominance started in 2013 because they won a couple of races that year.

I think most people would say Ferrari's dominance started in 2000. Even then, they weren't dominant on a 1988 McLaren or 2014 Mercedes level until 2001-2002.

1997-1999 had too many other wins from other teams to say anyone was dominant. In fact, I'd argue that 1997 brought to end Williams' mid-90s dominance, with Bennetton sandwiched in the middle.
https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...9&postcount=47