View Single Post
Old 14 Dec 2007, 17:02 (Ref:2088898)   #31
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
Well, how many five-year contracts have held up lately? There are always out clauses.

I don't think these tests mean much.

Perera testing for Forsythe? No indication Forsythe is running a third car and he almost didn't run two in '07. The series needs a Mexican driver or two to interest the folks in Mexico City and he had Martinez.

Rocketsports testing Alexandre Negrao? Gimme a break. That's just a team making a few bucks giving someone a test who had enough money for a test.

When it gets time to pee on the fire and call in the dogs, a Tristan Gommendy will come out of the blue and Vasser will say, "Whoozat."
Yup. Forsythe probably funded the second car out of his own pocket for the most of the season (Indeck sponsoring...), the exceptions being Dominguez's three races and possibly the two Martinez did (even if they did need another Mexican for the last race I assume that they had the sense to try and get some money from him). I don't know what difference Petit will do, but it is worth remembering that both Bell Micro and Gulfstream followed with him from PKV to RuSport (Servia ran Gulfstream livery in 2006 and Kat ran Bell Micro) - maybe we will se either or both of those on Forsythe cars next year. Especially if they dump tracy as he's got Monster Energy Drink as his personal sponsor...

Negrao has more money than talent, yes. He isn't the worst driver out there however; GP2 is a very competitive championship and he wasn't catastrophical for the less-than-great Piquet/Minardi team this year (which seemed lost without Nelson Jr. racing for them). And he did finally get himself a podium. There are better drivers than him in CC but certainly worse too...