View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2013, 16:45 (Ref:3264418)   #11
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Swinger View Post
I think that most factories would probably subcontract LMP2 production to the independents, so while it might be badged a SEAT, it might be built by Dallara. I liked the Lola MGs in P2 a while back. It would be cool to see SEAT, Skoda, Scion, etc. badge a car.
Pretty much what I was about to suggest. Manufacturer teams aren't welcome in P2, so just make it a customer chassis.

Or put a manufacturer name to a car and get some money behind the companies building them, like Dallara, Lola, Zytek etc. - like an extension of the re-badging that we're already seeing. LMP2 might have a lot of entries right now but the choice of car and engine is extremely limited, and many of those building customer LMP cars over the last 5-10 years have either stopped altogether or simply provided minor updates every year. Some manufacturer cash to re-brand it will help to ensure the survival of the car builder and may also help ensure the category remains affordable to the privateers racing the cars.

Might be a nice idea in theory but I can imagine there might be numerous reasons why manufacturers won't do it.