Thread: LM24 The Le Mans experience
View Single Post
Old 15 Jun 2004, 20:31 (Ref:1005227)   #1
wyzard
Rookie

wyzard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Le Mans experience

I went to le mans for the first time ever this weekend and it will be the last time ever!

I could not believe the cost of the ticket at around 40 pounds really did not get you anywhere within the circuit. Could not sit the grandstands (as this was extra) (even when they were empty at 3am!) could not get into the pits(as this was extra) could not get the mulsanne straight etc.... the only thing i could see was the start finish start and some of the gp track.

It was badly organised in that it took forever to get anywhere within the circuit, there was lack of toilets and the ones that were available you had to pay for!

I could not believe the number of people walking around not watching the race. I know people go there for the atmosphere and to get drunk but no one really seems to watch the racing. If i wanted to do that surely you could go to a football match!

If you go to the nurburgring you can see so much more for so much less. The atmosphere is better and it is much better organsied.

If people went to the nurburgring instead of le mans i think there would be a hugh number less turning up to le mans each year!

Got that off my chest comment please?