View Single Post
Old 16 Jun 2004, 09:32 (Ref:1005629)   #10
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: The Le Mans experience

Quote:
Originally posted by wyzard
I could not believe the cost of the ticket at around 40 pounds really did not get you anywhere within the circuit. Could not sit the grandstands (as this was extra) (even when they were empty at 3am!) could not get into the pits(as this was extra) could not get the mulsanne straight etc.... the only thing i could see was the start finish start and some of the gp track.
I am a little surprised that you didn't see more than the start/finish straight and a bit of the GP circuit. You can easily walk from the end of the Porsche Curves down to the Ford chicane, down the home straight through the Dunlop chicanes. Down to the esses and Tetre Rouge. Also a short walk away from the Maison Blanche exit is the spectator area at the Porsche Curves. Free buses run to the Arnage/Indianapolis complex and Mulsanne corner. So in fact you have access to most on the corners on the circuit. Did you do your research before you went?

However, you are dead right on many aspects, the toliets are not even up to 20th century standards, the food on offer is generally poor, given that this is France where it could/should be so much better. Crowd control is poor in many areas, with motorised vehicles being mixed in with people on foot (how long before someone is seriously injured?). The ACO have announced at large package of improvements before 2006 which should help though.