Thread: LM24 The Le Mans experience
View Single Post
Old 16 Jun 2004, 10:54 (Ref:1005700)   #12
hamsmith
Racer

hamsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i'm back from my first time too. I was totally blown away by the sound of the cars and the atmosphere. I was sadly ripped off on the tickets but didn't mind too much at the time as it was still worth every penny. I spent most of the time walking along all the general acess areas watching from different views. I felt that apart from the first and last two hours you didn't need a grandstand ticket. I also went down to mulsanne corner. this was a free bus shuttle service which also takes you to indianappolis and arnage. Sadly this wasn't made clear but it was there if you looked it up. after the race i went down onto the pitland was pretty much under the podium during the presentation. after this i walked about on the track a little and then took photos of the cars comming back to the garages from parc ferme. I went all alone and made some new friends while there. some times i think you have to make the best of a situation and you obviously didn't mate. Enjoy the 'ring and i'll be at Le Mans next year making the most of it.