Thread: LM24 The Le Mans experience
View Single Post
Old 16 Jun 2004, 16:54 (Ref:1006015)   #19
Alistair_Ryder
Rookie

Alistair_Ryder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well i thought i might as well add my two pence worths. This was my first time at Le Mans, and i absolutely loved it, the atmosphere was absolutely amazing for me, even though i wasn't on a campsite. I couldn't get over how many classic cars were there i've never seen so many Ferrari's, Jaguars, etc in all my life. Two images will forever stay in my mind, 1) The massive group of T.V.R fans at the drivers parade who turned it into a wheel spin event for all the classic cars, and modern sports cars which went past. If anyone was part of that group who were gathered just after where the parade went underneath a block of apartments , i salute you, you really did make it hilarious - especially when beer was handed to Johnny Herbert and Colin Mcrae, and the TVR fan walking along the route with shorts round his ankles- interesting sight! 2) The antics in the town square on Friday evening, involving much tyre smoke and a Nissan Bluebird - automatic!?. Of course the race was fantastic, especially the view from Indianapolis and Mulsanne Corner at about 2 am!

Could i just point out me and my father had this much fun even though when we arrived at Le mans on thursday evening, the hotel we were meant to stay in hadn't heard of us, saying there was no room and making us find somewhere else, in the process loosing £300 somewhere and having to fork out tonnes more for a different hotel. And we missed some of qualifying on thursday evening, but dispite this we had a marvelous time, right now comes the process of finding accomodation for next year - somewhere which might remember us!