View Single Post
Old 5 Nov 2007, 03:10 (Ref:2059763)   #21
gucom
Racer

gucom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarr
Very, very ugly though!

I am with closed cars 100% but not coupes, why do they need to expand brand awareness? Ferrari F1 cars don't look anything like the road cars apart from being red!
lol why do they need to expand brand awareness... let me see... road car cues = better marketing platform for commercial car makers = more manufacturer involvement = more spectator attraction = more money, more fame, more prestige... Ferrari F1 cars, as all F1 cars, are ugly as hell
i like the fact that at Le Mans, (some of) the manufacturers have a decent roadcar link (Audi FSI, porsche's racing block from '98 GT1 is still the basis of the current GT3 engine). Le Mans has historically been a place for manufacturers to showcase their abilities and technology. F1 has hardly any link with roadcars left.
I also like the looks to be more closely linked to the roadcars. For you as a hardcore racing fan, the functional beauty of the Group C cars is the best thing ever... to the general public (to which i apparently belong :P ), the link with roadcars could be the thing to draw their interest away from F1