View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 2023, 00:11 (Ref:4178338)   #6372
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Reading twitter comments (i know, i know), seeing lots of comments of only one high speed oval. What does that really mean? Speeds at smaller ovals are pretty insane for these cars, so they (and me really) want 1.5 and over. I don't see IndyCar ever going back to Pocono or Atlanta after it's reconfiguration. Charlotte could do an oval / roval double header like Indy, maybe?

But for "high speed" ovals, what are the others out there that would be in consideration? Kentucky, Vegas, Kansas, Chicago, Nashville (which won't happen again until they stop racing in the streets), Homestead? I like the schedule but would love what they have plus a 3 more ovals.
I think the 1.5ers are done with Indy it seems through much of the options

Texas--well there are unsolvable issues with the stick-em and Nascar, start over and scrub the place clean and we can talk. Smoke still holds lap record
Pocono-DONE, needs to be demo'd and make her again better
Atlanta--yeah, think they're out with the new track and the speeds they could get on the size
Kentucky--some issues with the track previously but it appears they've fixed the weepers maybe, and they've finally moved the 70,000 SuperDutys from the track I think. Fun fact-Sarah Fischer owns the race lap record still
Nashville-could make the argument that the Nashville street race takes up some of their fans and think that's fair and street course brings more series
Chicago--seems to be done, their big event last was Motocross
Loudon-I would love to see it but there was some struggle with Smith and the city/previous owners and installing lights, and attendance was DUMPS last race I think
Vegas--well that has some sad history and I don't think Indy liked the results of the Weldon investigation
Kansas-would be interesting and the new surface could be good Indy racing, variable banking added after the last Indy race, slightly more than Iowa
Richmond-good return but doesn't feel like there's much interest from either side, knew a few folks in Va who would go for Indy but not Nascar
Homestead-well it should be the old coke/cigarette race at Tamiami but that time has past and better remembered than relived and was a SHORT hot history my dad's pilots used to go to. Track doesn't seem to interested and it's been a minute, and F1 has kinda taken the open wheel baton there for now

Also the elephant in the room of the deal they could get from SMI for Atlanta, Kentucky, Las Vegas, Charlotte, Loudon but they did support Texas and actually acted as some of the promoter. And ISC, well NASCAR now after it folded, owns Chicagoland, Kansas, Homestead and Richmond. Indy and Nascar are on reasonable terms again it seems and most of those actually removed seats in the last decade.

Apparently Charlotte and Loudon use PJ1 too, plus Michigan, Pocono and Phoenix but think those 3 are out

Last edited by broadrun96; 26 Sep 2023 at 00:22.