View Single Post
Old 13 Nov 2006, 17:39 (Ref:1765167)   #45
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
so its 99% they keep Clarke and Phillipe in the team, and as for who Stoddie might come up with they mention Wilson and Dornbos (both incredibbly unlikely, Dornbos has the money to do F1, and Wilson can get into pretty much any champcar team with his record)

therefor I think, its still the ex-Minardi guys who are most likely to compete for that one or two seats, Bruni was never really a Stoddart-guy, in fact, he was the only driver who was introduced by Giancarlo Minardi between 2001 and 2005. Yoong and his father had a noise battle of words with Stoddart over a 200k USD that Paul has allegedly refused to pay them back, so their relationship went bad there. As for Marques, Stodd literally hates him, wanted to get rid of him mid-season, Marques switched off his mobile for weeks and the team had no idea wheather he is to race in Hungaroring, they had to have Yoong there in case Marques wouldnt show up, so we can completely rule him out.

Leinders, Friesacher and Baumgartner are all well founded and out of drive so its between them now I would think. Baumgartner's management did confirm talks with Stoddart last week, that I know.