View Single Post
Old 12 Jun 2003, 16:04 (Ref:629552)   #7
garry
Racer

garry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Untill we know how many cars are inetrested and what spec they are we cannot make any hard and fast rules. The ex-bttc spec is at this moment only a guideline. What we want to steer away from are any ST's that have been modified. At the moment the only hard and fast rules would be not exceeding 2ltr and must run on Dunlops, we may also consider everyone running on 1 type of fuel. Although this is a friendly and there is nothing exciting up for grabs we still want it to be run on as level a playing field as possible. Although I am no expert I am sure that all Super Tourers were made very very similar through out the world with a lot of them coming from the BTCC and any modifications away from the BTCC rules were minor.
In Formula Saloons we run to ex-BTCC rules, the only mods aloud are that you may run later than the year of your car spec gear as long as those parts were homologated.
This meeting is only in its infancy and I am sure that after talking to all those interested and after my visit to Norway things like rules will fall into place to satisfy as many people as possible.