View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2023, 11:58 (Ref:4164986)   #5
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like many things in life, it was about location and timing imho.
We spent quite a lot of time at Mulsanne Corner having a pitch (mainly for R&R, with a hotel for sleeping etc.), and that area didn't seem any busier than usual, and possibly quieter on the camping front.
However the time we spent at the circuit was hard work and to me the extra crowds were definitely obvious at times, but then we just adjusted our plans accordingly.
Some friends of ours usually make their way down to Tertre Rouge for the start but gave up trying to get there due to the crowds and lack of space.
In some ways it reminded me of the very first Classic in that they didn't have the facilities set up to cater for the larger crowd.
Traffic wise they did seem to change road closures on the fly, but being regulars, like many on here, we already knew the routes to take anyway, and the route to Mulsanne from Expo via Ruaudin was very quiet at the times we used. There was plenty of signage and I'm sure the people who had issues were those not following the signs!
Access in and out of Expo was a doddle, miss Blanc though, entry via the North Gate seemed easy enough, I didn't use any of the temporary footbridges, but I presume they worked, although they did seem quite narrow to me.
Anyway, in all reality, this is a once in a 100 years issue And I think we all expect crowds to start dropping, mind you the 100th race might also raise crowds.