View Single Post
Old 27 Jun 2023, 16:33 (Ref:4165692)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is only my third time so still learning. I did notice the increased attendance on Saturday. I booked a T18 seat which was excellent for the start and later in the night. After about 3hrs I wandered up to Tertre Rouge and as others have said it was pretty crowded. I didn't try to walk in front of the stands.

I stayed mainly in the TR/Dunlop area and took advantage of the La Chappelle area where I thought the catering and seating etc. were pretty good. Does need more toilets but hey ho. When darkness fell I went back to TR then from around midnight I was either in my GS seat or the ACO restaurant, where I bumped into a few tenthers. Went back to TR for the non existent sunrise. Finally I wandered back to La Chappelle where I watched the race until about 2pm when I headed back to the Camp Site.

Overall I thought there were less people on the Sunday than previously but the Saturday was extremely busy I entered the circuit via Port Est and the queue was about 30mins. Having arrived on Wednesday mid-day I sorted my wrist band and did my shopping that afternoon, so Thursday onwards would be "free". I went to the Classic British Welcome at Saint Saturnin on the Friday so did a "shop" for further supplies on the way back. The only gripe was trying to find my way back to BSJ, eventually I had to go through the Expo car park and pass Port Est due to the road closures.

Last year I ventured to Arnage but this year, I just concentrated on the top part of the track. The increased competiton at the front made the event much more interesting and IMO more than matched the excitement of the GT class.

I left on Monday morning so had no issue with traffic.

Overall, I'd say this was my best experience yet, even though I'd prefer to stay on Porsche Curves.