View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2014, 20:23 (Ref:3445520)   #63
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I certainly wouldn't be surprised if mg pulled the plug, more so if Honda did, however manufacturers are fickle, they can leave when they are winning or leave when they are losing.
Whilst I remember, 888 said in Motorsport News a couple of weeks ago that they have a number of BTCC options next year. They will be in the series 100% though.

On the 7 Champs, if Colin does it in 2014 I think he will want to stay and defend this title. If he doesn't do it, I think he will want to stay to take a second title.

Shedden, Jordan, Plato and Neal are all practically guaranteed I think we can assume.

Giovanardi has made it clear he really wants to be in the BTCC, Airwaves will really want him, still think he has a win to come this year.

Menu is less sure, depends what else he will be offered. Scott wants to sort out the BMR line-up early, hence the Smith signing. So if he is staying at BMR, we will know soon enough.

I think it all depends on other offers and from other Touring Car series, I cannot see that coming, talk of other WTCC manufactures has been sparse in 2014 and that is where I would see them going.