Thread: WEC Rebellion Racing
View Single Post
Old 9 May 2018, 05:52 (Ref:3820956)   #1965
silente
Racer

silente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
This is not true. EoT values were last adjusted on April 16th. Before that they were set before the Prologue. I don't know where people get this wrong idea from, but please get the facts straight.

I do not believe for a second it came as a surprise to a team like Rebellion that they would have to run to a fuel number at Spa. I can believe howerver not being able to develop a fuel flow regulation system in time because of how late the programme for this year came together. So it's a problem solved by time.
2 weeks before a race, with preparation going full steam and one car still to complete is not a short time for you?

It would be a short time even with both cars fully operational.

Also considering how few km testing Rebellion did before the race and the performance they had, i think they did an amazing job, but this is OT.

Nobody, with all the complications that come before the first race of the season would be able to test and develop such a system in two weeks. Testing, in particular, is of course out of questions and it is really no option to test such a system in a race weekend.

If FIA/ACO don't understand this, then they should do something else, not trying to be a governing body. My opinion, anyway, is that they simply don't care, because they HAVE TO MAKE TOYOTA WIN LE MANS, for their future interests. But this is again OT.
Plus, even if you know that a change could come, you don't start investing money, time and headcounts in developing such a system before the rules don't say explicitly that you need one. It would make NO SENSE from a business perspective and no company would do it. It would simply be a waste of money and time. Also because, knowing ACO, it could well happen that they change their mind again and again and again and again...