View Single Post
Old 24 Oct 2003, 18:52 (Ref:762157)   #96
gaines
Racer

gaines should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only thing that is different about the accidents the past few years and any other open wheel series is the air born factor. I'm horrified to think what this accident looked like. I was shocked and so upset when I saw Kenny's car explode into pieces at Texas. I can only imagine the horror of this accident which was so much worse. I was so happy for Renna. I'm not a huge IRL fan but I've begun to accept the series for what it is. I've followed Renna for a number of years and have been impressed with him. I always follow the young superstars as so few of them stick with American Open Wheel racing once they arrive. They either 1.) Go to Europe or 2.) Go to stock cars. Renna was an unbelievable talent who worked his way up the right way, with talent and hard work. With so many young drivers given everything so quickly it was refreshing to see a young man who had worked his way up through the system and never give up. Now, on the verge of his dreams coming true he is killed. Horrible. My prayers go out to his family and fans. It's horrifying to think that we've lost yet another champion before his talent ever got to be fully developed.