View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2014, 12:43 (Ref:3372721)   #116
Basic GPa
Rookie

Basic GPa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good morning - By way of introduction, I am a historic motorsports author/photographer/lecturer. My current project deals with early competition Mustang's. Those being the cars that competed between the Mustangs introduction in mid-April 1964 and April 1965. To this end, I am interested in learning more about Norm Beechey's car. I understand it first raced at Catalina Park in early 1965 and later at Calder in January 1965. In which events were these? He would later win the 1965 Australian Touring Car Championship held on April 11, 1965. As I understand it, the championship was decided in a single race held at Sandown Park. Do I have that right? Was there a series of races leading up to the championship or was it a single, stand-alone event? How did the drivers/cars qualify to participate in the championship event? In the beginning of this thread, there is a picture of Beechley in the Mustang. Whose picture is this? I would like to acquire the rights to use this picture or a similar one in an article. - Thanks and take care, Mike Matune