Thread: DTM 2023
View Single Post
Old 8 Feb 2023, 09:18 (Ref:4143084)   #47
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3_Fan View Post
I feel we have gotten to a point where now GT WC Sprint and DTM are depleting one another, and we will get less than stellar grids in each one. I can handle GT3 race with 15 to 20 cars if there are 7 or more manufacturers represented within that. My issue with GT WC Sprint last year was it was an Audi and Mercedes festival. DTM was fine in 2022. For 2023 however reading the messages posted here in past few days is getting me less optimistic.
DTM 2023 is probably going to end up 22-24 cars, GTWC Sprint is already at 20+ cars confirmed, so will likely settle around 26-28.

I wouldnt say that is necessarily either being depleted, however, both series are going to see slightly less emphatic factory support this year, and that is probably more down to a number of manufacturers shifting focus to things lik LMDH than anything either series is doing themselves.

I do tend to agree that GTWC Sprint and DTM is too much, from a fans perspective though. Add in GTWC Endurance, GT Masters, GT Open, British GT, Italian GT, IMSA, GT Cup, GTWC Aus, GTWC Asia, the list goes on for places to race GT3 cars...

On an ideal top tier in Europe, i'd like to see GTWC focus more on Endurance racing, with an 8 or so Endurance race season replacing the Sprint/Endurance combination currently, thus leaving DTM free to be top tier all PRO sprint racing.

Then you have GT Masters, Brit GT, GT Open, Italian GT, as the next tier down, with a Pro Am focus...