View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2003, 16:20 (Ref:550115)   #23
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some ramblings from the north...

Let's start with the essentials... The GT-class: I'm glad the Morgan didn't make it! I'm sorry but I think the car's just plain ugly. I know it's the inside that counts and all but...
I have to admit though that I admire it's abilities, it did beat the Spyker and Ferraris and based on that it should have got an invitation from the ACO.

Yes, it's a shame there is no BMW M3 GTR because that car was the only one that really had a chance to beat the Porsches. But BMW never managed to start the production of a road version - which Porsche quickly pointed out. The penalties in combination with the F1-programme killed a great sportscar of the future. Do I sense a little GM/Cadillac-ish feeling here?

Two TVRs is fantastic and four Ferrari 360s, with two Risi-cars, must give Porsche some competition providing the Italians have done their homework and crammed some reliability in their cars (2nd on Daytona looks promising!).
One Spyker is realistic and fair but it would have been more fun with two.

LMP675: Only one MG-Lola? Now there is the true scandal of the list! This year is the last chance for them to get on the overall podium before next years weight penalty. What are ACOs intentions with only one MG? To prevent MG that chance? And what happened to the factory team?
WR is well worth its double invitation. They came second in class with a chance to win had it not been that puncture and that's more than you can say about the MGs. But when it comes to speed and performance...
It will be interresting to see how the C65 and DBA-Zytek will perform in june but the Reynard-Lehmann will probably outlast them all and win the class as usual...

LMGTS: Great with three ferraris but other than that nothing unexpected.

LMP900/GTP: Nothing that really raises eyebrows but the Norma-Ford and the Durango. The Taurus-Lola on the reserve list is strange but as said before, there has to be some withdrawals.
Hooray, Lister's on the list! Let's hope they last the full 24 hours and hopefully with a good result. Especially since this is the first year of a five year programme.

Well, did I forget something? Probably, but in that case I'll be back...

Oh, BTW, a GT-car that has come 6th overall at Le Mans and 1st overall at Daytona can't be boring. But that's just my opinion i guess.

Sorry for the length of this message but I couldn't stop...

/k