View Single Post
Old 30 Aug 2022, 06:30 (Ref:4124254)   #70
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've said before that I like the clear water between the Classic and Revival meetings. It's a different set of cars, different atmosphere and chimes better with the bland modernity of Silverstone than a faux "golden age" meeting would. So I thought the GT race was OK. Being designed for F1 the racing does not tend to be as close IMO as at Goodwood so I appreciate the variety.

I must confess I didn't watch that much on track action, I really enjoy the behind the scenes happenings. To watch the Group C cars roll up to the collecting area then realise that this one was being driven by Derek Bell was worth the effort to get to the Wing alone. And he overtook us in his gorgeous 924 Carrera as we walked back! He's quite some octogenarian.

I take my hat off to people like PBE and team working with all us plebs poking round, I'm so glad they do. Thank you.

I didn't think the crowd was down. There seemed to be more car clubs than ever and the widest variety of cars.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk