View Single Post
Old 15 May 2023, 17:46 (Ref:4156288)   #107
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
but one of the main differences to attending a live games now compared to when i was a kid 30-40 years ago is that as a function of increasing ticket prices there are far far fewer kids at games now days.
I think there is something in your Hockey example. Another might be the cost of concert tickets. Especially those for big name bands.

My general opinion is that business (all of these are business.. F1, Pro-hockey, Music tours for big name acts) is very short sighted. It's all about the next quarter or fiscal year. So they focus on how much can they extract today even if it means sacrificing future earnings.

It would be interesting if F1 was taken private and by someone who didn't want to extract as much money from it as he/she could.

Richard