View Single Post
Old 8 Oct 2008, 15:30 (Ref:2306875)   #15
Tehillim
Rookie

United Kingdom
Tehillim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev
I think more even revenue sharing is a good thing. There is one problem with straight splitting though; which is that revenues are so large, there might be a team which is tempted to run a crappy car, spending no money, and just rake in the revenue. You'd need a 107% rule with a no customer car stipulation and split the revenue by races started or something.
Yes, good point about the 107% rule, otherwise it could be a bit of a farce. And with the 107% rule there would be no need to restrict F1 to 12 teams, additional competition at the back of the grid might be a good thing.

I see what you're saying about banning customer cars but I think F1 would have to make huge cost savings to make this realistic, especially in the current climate. I don't think Williams and Force India will accept customer cars getting equal shares to their own (and they've got a point), so I guess there may be some compromises made on that score.