View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2008, 07:28 (Ref:2313612)   #23
Tehillim
Rookie

United Kingdom
Tehillim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga
From what I have seen FOTAwill be as effective in saving the ship as the band would be in debating what music to play in the last hours of the Titanic...

I haven't seen anything that will really rescue the sport.
They're too close to teh main game to be really objective about it and are simply trying to put off the inevitable, just like the owners in the last days of CART before they jumped ship and went the the IRL.

I wouldn't be surpised to see the manufacturers actually strike out on their own again if the FIA gets too manipulative in all of this and after the recent stewards decisions it might be the best thing for the sport.....

I can't see the teams breaking away, though it might be better if they did, too many commercial contracts are held by FOM which is tied to promote the F1 championship. I think FOTA is as strong and unified a position as the teams have ever taken against the FIA, it's the best chance there is of coming out with some decent rule-changes, without FOTA it's left to Mosley to impose a single standard engine or whatever hare-brained idea gets into his head. Mosley's record of rule changes has been a disaster.