View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2008, 18:23 (Ref:2139465)   #25
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurz
"Being back to Le Mans was something I already had in my mind anyway, even before finding an agreement with Peugeot. The desire came back to me very strongly as soon as I saw the 908," Wurz told Autosprint magazine.

"Now I'm not thinking of just a sporadic effort in the 24 Hours, but I'm also interested in a wider and longer-term programme in the Le Mans Series.

"I've just got back to this series and I've already found the same enthusiasm I had when I raced at Le Mans for the first time, in 1996 with Team Joest.

"It was an exceptional race and for me it remains the best race of my sporting career, the one I'm attached to the most. I think it will be really tough this year against Team Joest, but now, as a Peugeot driver, I hope to make their life just as hard."

Wurz said going back to Le Mans was not a step backwards from Grand Prix racing, and he admitted he will not miss competing in F1.

"Not at all, because since I was little, what I was most fascinated about was following endurance racing through the on-board cameras fitted in the closed-roof Porsches," he added.

"I grew up thinking more about sportscar prototypes than F1 cars. Every time I get inside one it's like re-living the dream I had when I was a kid. No, I really don't think I will miss F1 at all."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65330