View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2007, 03:44 (Ref:1932871)   #21
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yes, thanks for more links. What I find fascinating with Le Mans is the historical side of it. When I set foot there in 2003 for the test day, I was very much awed in actually being there, my feet in the pit lane and seeing the Dunlop bridge just over there. What I find most interesting with the ability to see all these various clips is to see the changes over the years, and I'd say that being or becoming more knowledgeable of the past of Lemans is to make one appreciate it that much more. I'm sure that there is a good percentage of spectators who are there for the drunk and the party, but I,d wager that a much higher of more informed spectators go to Le Mans than other racing series such as F1.

I've been able to see it on tv since only '98 I think, and am just beginning to feel that I have more of a take on it as a whole-past to present and a more fuller palette of appreciating the event.

this availability of small, not-so-great quality of clips is a wonderful resource to develop a greater appreciation of the event.

One appeal for me is recognizing the changes and similiarities with the track, but can't not mention those fracking great sounds of all kinds!

and the 956 in car stuff, he really seemed to outbrake himself a few times didn't he, with a few "oh bugger" late downshifts after the apex.