View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 2014, 00:32 (Ref:3457699)   #34
Chipwizard
Rookie

Chipwizard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by .wide View Post
I resolve problem myself. SRT and MDU works fine. I'm using CAN for display engine values on dashboard and SRT for datalogger. Now all works very good.
I'm using Vision for configurate SRT, AXON for display mode MDU (and for setup datalogger in SRT) and Wintax for analysis values from datalogger. I have Junior version of software.
In fact setup of them is so strange...

Magneti Marelli Checkstar from Poland are sponsor of my team, but I had to found contact with Motorsport department in Magneti in Italy.

If you have question, ask me. I will try to help you.

Best regards
Lukas
Thanks for the offer of help Lukas. My dash/logger is the DDU310-128 and it's very much more complicated to configure and set up than the MDU, which has page layouts mostly ready-made. The DDU has to have 'icons' drawn for all the variables and distributed across the pages as you create each of them. Unfortunately, there is no library of ready-made icons for common channels such as temperatures, times, speeds and pressures and this, along with very poor instructions, makes configuring the DDU hopelessly painful without support. There is no online support, no forum, no ready-made configurations to download as somewhere to start, nothing. The DDU dash was twice the price of the one I have now decided to use instead (Life D5), is less powerful and doesn't integrate easily with other modules such as Bosch M4 ABS and chassis PDUs.

Racing is all about time. Time spent fiddling about with something trying to make it work when there should be a quick and simple solution is time wasted, time wasted means less time is spent developing the car, so the car is slower and takes more time to do a lap. So you don't win.

Motorsport products should be quick and intuitive to use, so that the job can be done and dealt with and you can get on with the next job. There is never enough time, so why waste any?

Thanks again for your offer of help.

Please tell me, how did you manage to speak with someone at Marelli Motorsport? I have tried SO many times now and have even considered going there and walking through their front door so at least then they would know that I am not just trying to waste their time. :-)