View Single Post
Old 28 Sep 2014, 16:36 (Ref:3458383)   #35
.wide
Rookie

.wide should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipwizard View Post
Racing is all about time. Time spent fiddling about with something trying to make it work when there should be a quick and simple solution is time wasted, time wasted means less time is spent developing the car, so the car is slower and takes more time to do a lap. So you don't win.

Motorsport products should be quick and intuitive to use, so that the job can be done and dealt with and you can get on with the next job. There is never enough time, so why waste any?
Yes, you are completely right. We had to leave our first (and just one in this season) competition because your car has not ready...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipwizard View Post
Please tell me, how did you manage to speak with someone at Marelli Motorsport? I have tried SO many times now and have even considered going there and walking through their front door so at least then they would know that I am not just trying to waste their time. :-)
Magneti Marelli Checkstar from Poland are sponsor of our team Silesia Automotive so we had easier to contact with some guys in Motorsport Department.
Marco from Motorsport department in Magneti made a big work to help us.
In fact MM have a lot of maps, layouts and documentation for configure all of systems but will fine if you know italian language... For example MM have not manual for SRA or STR ECU in english. Happily our faculty advisor know italian language (and his's guy who never give up), so contact with Magneti was quite easy.
Maybe sould I try to suggest MM Motorsport to visit forum like this?
When you have all of materials for MDU, SRT, Turbo function, CAN configuration etc. work with MM is very good (ofcourse if you are open minded - for example on fueling unit - microliters per tooth (he he) )
The main problem is, that you don't get them with device.

I'm so interesting about DDU