Thread: 2020 TCR Series
View Single Post
Old 14 Jul 2020, 11:06 (Ref:3988180)   #182
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Sorry but that's not the way it works. The sport buys the airtime from SBS (or is given it, depends on the deal). The sport then engages a 3rd party production company that will meet SBS requirements for various tech items.

It is up to the sport (in this case TCR / Shannons Nationals) to decide how much to spend on the production, what features the production has, how many cameras etc etc etc.

Not an SBS production but rather a TCR production. Although to be fair to ARG, I think that it was a Shannons Nationals production that they contributed to and were able to decide on their spend within that production - not total control of all aspects but they did have a significant influence on the quality of the production.
I don't really care who/what/where the production of the coverage comes from.

The point is, Mixer highlights it to have another swipe at TCR. The production/coverage has nothing to do with the class. In Mixer's case though, it means - TCR production is amateurish = TCR is amateurish. Supercars coverage is world class = supercars is world class.

It would've been the Shannons Nationals crew that did it. I don't know what one could expect from them? Imagine reading Mixer's post if you were a part of that crew? He's just had a swipe at you and your efforts. Mixer is oblivious to that because his intention to to take a shot at TCR.

In the case of TCR. It's not about what it is atm, but where is it going and what can it do? So it's completely pointless to take a shot at it.

Even to get to the point of paying C7 to broadcast the series. You can't just turn up without an idea of what is going to be screened. You still have to earn your stripes. TCR was in the process of doing that. To even bring it up as a criticism is ridiculous.

However bad it supposedly was, it was miles better than what most racing fans get exposed to with supercars and their extended highlight package on fta.

I fyou were to ask what was so world class about the production of supercars, almost all wouldn't even be able to articulate it.