Thread: 2020 TCR Series
View Single Post
Old 3 Aug 2020, 07:08 (Ref:3992631)   #189
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am definitely a fan of TCR.
However I was embarrassed at the amateurish stream standard coverage that went out on national television last year.
How many rounds started with the opening visuals with poor or no audio ? Then when the opening face to camera piece came on the audio was out of synch with the pictures. I hope that articulates it adequately for you . I have no doubt this will improve on Ch7 even if some of the hosts might be less desirable.
As for the product itself, the category seemed to go all out to have maximum manufacturers represented to differentiate itself from supercars and to generate manufacturer and fan involvement.
However it seemed at times to be a case of quantity over quality and the Astras and the Subarus seemed like a cash for clunkers program run by the Kellys similar to the start & park teams in Nascar.
Although I fear the effects of the economic downturn, less variety but more reliable well-run entries should see the series improve as a whole.
However I am very saddened by the loss of the GP support races and the delayed start to the action this year.