View Single Post
Old 30 Sep 2020, 21:24 (Ref:4007705)   #257
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Stages to me damage racing strategy and take an element of interest away. Previously tyres going away meant pit. Or maybe you strategically pitted to try and get the jump on other teams. A lot of that is gone, way fewer strategic green flag pitstops - they don't make sense, ease up on your worn tyres and wait for the stage end caution - pretty much a no brainer unless the wheels are literally coming off of your wagon. I'd ditch stages in a heartbeat if it were me running the show.

I don't like playoffs/ the chase either. True, we don't know who might be champion. But also true is the #4 Harvick totally in my eyes deserve it. It would be a tragedy if he didn't win. Similarly back in 2018 when Harvick, Busch and Truex were in a class of their own pretty much the whole season - only for Joey Logano to gain the title with a win at Homestead. Full season, total the points up, chap with the most wins is what it should be.
1. Agree about the problem with stages. Great examples of why its bad.

2. Yes, Winston Cup was like this and nobody complained then. But after Winston Cup ended, the mentality changed. For some reason in 2003 people started to complain about Matt Kenseth dominated the points and they changed the rules.