View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2004, 21:39 (Ref:953909)   #2
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: What is it about Silverstone Marshals?

Quote:
Originally posted by aprescott
I do not often post topics on here but I feel I must ask just one question, why do some people have a problem with marshals who belong to the BRDC, and where black overalls?

I myself am a member of the BRDC only because they have the cheapest joint membership, and no I don't wear a black overall. I find that most marshals I have spoken to don't care one way or the other as we are all out to have fun and provide a valuable service to motorsport. But on the odd occasion I have encountered some hosility towards BRDC marshals (I refrain from the term BOB as not many are black nor orrible, and I'm sure most of them know both their parents) it seems to be in the form of 'they think they are better than us' type? I SIMPLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND??? :confused:
I suspect it's the usual case of the minority giving the majority a bad name. At the risk of repeating myself - marshals are marshals are marshals regardless of what colour overalls they wear!