View Single Post
Old 20 Jan 2004, 22:17 (Ref:844684)   #63
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
"That’s the view of the Autosprint magazine today – which claims that the chances of two, Dick Barbour-run Murcielago GTS cars running in the 2004 ALMS are “99%” (writes Gabriele Tosi).

Assuming this project goes ahead, the cars will not be ready in time for Sebring, but the Italian magazine suggests the debut would be at Mid-Ohio, round 2 of the ALMS, on June 27."
I appreciate that this Autosprint magazine may have stated that their source, whomever that may be, states with 99% certainly that Barbour will be running Lambo's.

Fair enough, I would be elated to have two well run Lambo's in GTS for ALMS. No mistake about it, Barbour has at times put together some pretty serious teams. But... I'm not sure where the money would be coming from this time? Given Barbours previous finance record, this just suprises me. 99% certain, given someone finances this? 99% certain, given we can get pay drivers? 99% certain under what conditions?

Well, for certain, time will tell, and until the car reaches the grid, I will remain extremely sceptical on this one.

Would be good though.