View Single Post
Old 21 Jan 2004, 13:57 (Ref:845451)   #70
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Two Thoughts and Two Questions:

First, the thoughts:

1. I also hope that the Barbour effort does come to pass...It'll be nice to see the Lambos running in ALMS...

2. That B2k/10 sitting in the Intersport garage could be a good option for a potential "Shoestring" effort...between their R&S that they will run in a limited campaign (and thus probably isn't for sale, but could become so if Intersport has a year like they did last summer with the many misfortunes and subsequent repairs), and that B2K/10, there ar two possible chassis for a team to buy at a good price to start their own ALMS or LMES effort.....after all, Taurus apparently worked with Lola last year to develop some aero changes in the back to make the car more of a "longtail," and I'm sure those improvements could be gotten for the Intersport chassis by a new owner

Now for the Questions:

1. To Fogelhund....Did I miss omething concerning the Reynards that you mentioned in your post above, and could you share more about this effort (where they plan to race, who will run them, etc.)???

2. Maybe I'm just going senile, but I have a question about the Lola B2K/10 and it's track record....since that chassis (called a "Tractor" by some for its looks) has been running for a few years, I can't ever recall any podium finishes for it in either the ALMS, the old ELMS or the FIA-SCC....

Has that chassis finished on any SR1 or LMP 900 podium in competition???

If YES, when, where, and by whom???

Maybe I'm just brain-dead...but I can't remember a single podium finish...which means it has been finishing BEHIND other chasis options that are out there....which just might make it a "second choice" of mine if other cars were available for about the same price...

Please coorect me or enlighten me on this point....I'd love to know if it has shown some successes or podium results....

One American Open Wheel Series!