View Single Post
Old 21 Jan 2004, 16:33 (Ref:845578)   #75
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I did look it up on the World Sportscar Prototypes site...

However, this site only gives race final results and does not have qualifiying results....

Also, the sports car results go back to the 2001 season...so it is a partial....there ae probably ruslets from 2000 or so (like the Silverstone event you cited above) that would show Lola results in those events...)

But I did find Taurus on the podium at Monza last year as well as Bob Berridge Racing on the podium at Barcelona in either 2001 or 2002 (can't remember which)...

Field has a fourth at Road America in the Lola in 2002 and Taurus also got 4th at Spa last year...

If you compare that with other possible chassis that are available, the R&M chassis had twice the number of podiums in a revised MkIIIB that is now their version of a "Longtail," and the R&S MkIIIC had one more podium as well...Dyson at Mid-Ohio in 2001, Matthews at Daytona and Sebring in 2002...plus higher finishes than the Lola B2K/10 in nearly all of the "head to head" competition where both were in the same events...even though the R&S MkIIIC has not cometed in as many events as the Lola...

Given the choice of the "possible options" as a fledgling team or a "Shoestringer," I'd go with the R&S MkIIIC...but I don't really know how it would do over in Europe...different types of circuits over there than they are here in the States...but the R&M take on the MkIIIB was more than competitive....

It would be interesting to do an even more in-depth comparison....

One American Open Wheel Series!