View Single Post
Old 2 Aug 2022, 18:31 (Ref:4121581)   #337
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame that there are so many negative comments about the race ......

It is what it is! SRO make the rules, if they don't fall in with your ideals then you don't have to watch - simple.

Due to work issues, I couldn't make it this year but I have been six times in the past and loved every minute of the event. Yes ..... for some, there are frustrations with the FCY/SC rules that SRO employ but, guys, it's their baby so they play by their rules.
Personally, I don't have any issues with the rules - IMHO, they are infinitely better that anything that comes out of IMSa - which is why I choose not to watch any of it.
Enjoyed the race from afar this year and caught about 18 hours of the coverage and really had no issues with any of it - at least it is available and if you don't enjoy Watti fumbling through the commentary you can always turn the sound down!
Very pleased for Raffaele Marciello - he has been after this one for a few years and IMO has been one of the stand out GT3 drivers this year and thoroughly deserved the win and also Jules Gounon has had some brilliant drives - Oulton Park for one.
Hope I can get there next year as i enjoy this even more than Le Mans.