Thread: ELMS ELMS Discussion
View Single Post
Old 27 Oct 2019, 12:15 (Ref:3937102)   #307
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Regarding new manufacturers coming into the WEC , ELMS or MLMC how many are waiting in the wings ? In the UK I can think of Radical with their dominating one make series , MCR and Gunn in Sports 2000 although neither have built a new chassis for many years . In Clubmans racing GEM made a few chassis a few years back , although most drivers seem to rely on cars decades old and as Helgi says Spire and Mittell and a few others in the 750 Motor Clubs RGB series although LMP3 is a very long way from RGB .
How many waiting, it's hard to say since they don't have any prospects of actually ever making the cut? Small to medium sized prototype constructors simply cannot come to ACO racing anymore, as LMP2 and LMP3 are closed door spec series, and Hypercar/P1-thing WEC-only bop championship with big OEMs. Even the old CN class in the ASLMS have been killed off. So if these smaller constructors want to compete, it is national racing they are forced to choose...

Things like Garage 56 are literally the last havens for anyone else than constructors who settle for spec or bop racing, but even there the ACO selection committee seems to have insanely hard criteria to pick anyone up. Plus you have to have that new technology aspect to it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
This year I tend to search more info about 750 Club racing, but it's rather difficult to find proper articles about tech side. Some videos via YouTube are quite good though. As for historics (not only 750 but ones you've mentioned) it's a definite target for 2020 I suppose.
Looks like nice variety in that 750 at least. But yes it's good to have at least some options I suppose.

The Brazilian prototype thing I talked about here seems somewhat interesting
https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...141395&page=19

Last edited by Deleted; 27 Oct 2019 at 12:26.