Thread: WEC WEC 2019/20 season
View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 2018, 16:29 (Ref:3852804)   #81
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
I'll be voting with my wallet - if it stays at 4 hours then 2019 will be the first time I won't be going since I started following endurance racing (not that long, admittedly!).

Masters series is nice and all, but doesn't even come close to making up for stiffing us on the main event.
Across the three days of the event there is currently about 18 hours of on-track running between ELMS and WEC. Adding Masters Endurance Series would, IMO, make this already awesome weekend even more awesome. If that’s the payoff for losing 2 hours from the WEC race, I’m content.

I write, BTW, as someone who thinks anything less than 8 hours is a sprint race. Were Silverstone a standalone WEC event I’d be very unhappy, but in the context of the multi-series event we have the reduction to 4 hours isn’t such a blow. IMHO of course.